Verse of the Day

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Divinity in Dirt

WooHoo~ I'm finally back from Grace Retreat 2007! really enjoyed myself there until fell sick.. now still have some side effects of pretty bad cough and throat pain. However, I am going to believe that healing will come from God! This retreat has indeed been a milestone for me in my spiritual journey with God. 3 more important lessons that I have learnt :
1. Divinity in Dirt (the divine Holy Spirit is in our dirt body), with divinity in us, we are able to have equity exchange of knowledge with God. It is so amazing that God is so willing to place in us such divinity.
2.God speaks to us 24/7! Are we listening? We need to learn to block out all distractions around us and tune ourselves to God in everything
3.Prophetic Encouragement;
Love(motive)+Encouragement(purpose)+Scriptural(content) = Bull's eye

Testimony:
It was the 3rd morning(6th June) and I was attending devotion (on devotion) when I recieved a Word of comfort from God. The scripture that we were supposed to focus on that morning was Luke 10:38-42(NLT).
38
As Jesus and the disciples continued on their way to Jerusalem, they came to a certain village where a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home.
39
Her sister, Mary, sat at the Lord’s feet, listening to what he taught.
40But Martha was distracted by the big dinner she was preparing. She came to Jesus and said, “Lord, doesn’t it seem unfair to you that my sister just sits here while I do all the work? Tell her to come and help me.”
41But the Lord said to her, “My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details!
42
There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her.”
I was then brought to the attention of the words (in bold) and then the worries of my studies floated into my mind. I was reminded that I has purposely brought my Geography,Physics and GP materials to Retreat thinking that I would squeeze out time to study them during the Retreat. I began to reflect on what I have done and God seemed to speak to me that I did not have to worry about my studies. Just as Martha thought that the Big dinner was something that was of higher priority than God and His teachings, so I have also placed my studies over God. I was encouraged by that Word. On the same day for the combined morning service, Reverend Sam Farina (Cool Pastor man!) was speaking on how we can prophetically encourage someone by listening to the voice of God on who He wanted us to encourage. I began to seek the Lord for direction and Serene Tan's name dropped into my heart. At that point of time, she was falling ill due to an unusual occurrence of rashes on her body. I began to ask God for a verse that I could encourage her and the verse about we being healed by His stripes came to my mind. I moved forward on Reverend Sam's instruction and went up to approach Serene. After sharing with her what the Lord has placed in my heart. She told me that indeed it was a confirmation for her as God had told her earlier that she will be healed in His timing. I was excited that God had actually used me as a tool for encouragement. As I went back to my seat, Nigel asked me how to listen to God voice and my sister, sitting beside him, explained to him how he could do it. I was half listening to what he was enquiring as I was just mesmerized by the amazing Prophetic Word the Lord had given me. Soon after, Nigel passed me a note saying that he had a prophetic encouragement for me. When I looked at the note, I was so amazed! Because it said, (quoted)"Not to worry about your exams" and the reference was Psalm 16:11. It was a confirmation for what the Lord had impressed upon my heart during the devotion earlier on. Nigel was still frantically asking me whether it was alright. Wow! Indeed God has been so gracious to remind me that my little details( studies) pale in comparison to God and His Word. Thank God! Amen!

No comments: